that will give your hair the maintenance it needs.
Here are a few basic products you will need to stock up on:-
You Will Need:
1 Clarifying Shampoo (ph balanced between 4.5 and 5.56.5.)
1 Moisturizing Shampoo (ph balanced between 4.5 and 5.56.5.)
1-3 Moisturizing Deep Conditioner (for co-washing days)
1 Protein Deep Conditioner
1 Leave-in Conditioner
1 Natural Oil (to replace the sebum in the scalp)
Wide tooth comb
Satin/Silk Scarf and/or Satin Bonnet
Satin/Silk Pillow case
Extra long hair pins
*Note everyone's hair is different and so you can custom these steps to fit
your hair and your lifestyle.
*Try to get to know your hair and see what works best.
*Be patient as this may take some time (1-2 yrs) !
Here is a sample routine you can follow:-
- - Shampoo your hair with a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo 1-2x/week (this depends on the health of your hair, may need to shampoo less )
- - Use a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat (minimum of 30mins) after every shampoo
- - Always follow up with a leave-in conditioner
- - Use a water-based moisturizer 2x/day (morning & night) then seal in the moisture with a natural oil
- - Always wear a satin/silk scarf or bonnet to bed - (or you can leave hair open, but use a satin/silk pillow case to sleep on)
- - Touch-up at least every 12 weeks (the longer you can stretch it, the stronger the new growth)
- - Do a protein treatment when needed (If the hair feels very limp, mushy, overly soft etc.)
- - Trim when needed (every 6-8 weeks no more than 1/2 and inch)
- - Use a Clarifying shampoo as it removes buildup 1-2x/month
- - Use a wide tooth comb to comb/de-tangle your hair. This will lessen the breakage.
Anaiyah ~ Happy thoughts, Healthy Hair~
(cr:Saleemah Cartwright, Hairlista Inc)